Freshers is all about getting to know your university, your Students Association, meeting other students and preparing for starting or continuing your studies.
We’ve organised a whole range of online activities for you to get involved with between Tuesday 25 January and Sunday 6 February 2022.
Take a look at the sessions on offer below, and why not sign up to our Freshers mailing list to keep up to date with what’s happening during Freshers Fortnight?
How to join and important information:
- All events will be taking place online, on Microsoft Teams and Adobe Connect. The links to join the sessions will be uploaded prior to the event. Please note to access the sessions, you will be taken to a forum where the direct link for the session will be posted. You will need to login with your OU login details to get into the forum.
- Our online events are intended to be welcoming and friendly spaces. Please read our Values and Behaviour policy before joining Freshers sessions and keep this in mind when taking part.
- Everyone is welcome at Freshers, and we want to make sure Freshers is as accessible as possible. If you have any concerns about accessing any sessions or your accessibility requirements, please let the Community Team know at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find out more about accessibility when using Microsoft Teams here and Adobe Connect here.
- You can attend as few or as many sessions you like, and you can drop-in and out from sessions – do not worry if you arrive late or need to leave early. You can choose how you’d like to take part, you do not need to have your camera/microphone on if you do not want to.
- Please note that the Freshers programme is subject to change, so check back here for the latest updates. Most sessions are run by volunteers, and there may be last-minute changes outside of their control.
- All session times are listed in GMT.
Enjoy Freshers! If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email us if you can’t find an answer.