Do you want to experience the buzz of a graduation ceremony, meet new students, and be a part of one of the most fun and fulfilling volunteering roles on offer? Then watch our video below where we sat down with Cazz, one of our long-term student volunteers, to tell us about the role and why she loves volunteering at graduations so much.
Each team of Graduation Stall Volunteers is overseen and supported by a Graduation Stall Coordinator, who is responsible for organising volunteers before and during degree ceremonies, as well as for the records of sales and items sold during the day. There are various graduation venues. You need to live within 50 miles of the venue or have less than £70 travel expenses for the day and give up one day of your time on the stall. Applications currently open for ceremonies in London, Torquay, Birmingham and Harrogate. More venues later this year.
- Represent the Association during the day.
- Setting up and closing down graduation stall and end of day reconciliation.
- Lead a small team selling OU branded merchandise.
- Process payments, paperwork and monitor sales.
- Packing and supplying products to customers and answer any queries.
- Group training session.
- Essential online reading.
- Test to be completed after reading.
- All to be completed prior to volunteering.
Benefits to self and others
- Develop transferrable team leadership skills.
- Learn about OU graduations.
- Travelling to support students in your community.
- Providing goods and services.
- Showcasing the work of OUSET.
Click here to download Graduation Stall Coordinator as a .pdf