The Environmental and Sustainability Society is for students, former students, and staff of the Open University, and others who advocate the Society's aims:
- To raise awareness about environmental concerns and climate change issues.
- To encourage an interest in green technologies and sustainable developments.
- To provide opportunities for its members to meet in local groups (face-to-face where possible) and/or through online communication tools for information sharing and social purposes.
- To encourage the sharing of knowledge, tips, and ethical practices to create a better, more sustainable future.
- To foster meaningful engagement within the Open University, the Students Association, and the OU students’ community as a whole for multidisciplinary discussion on sustainability.
- To work with registered charities and national networks to tackle global and local health inequalities through education, advocacy, and action.
- To share ideas, information, and opportunities that enable the Society to meet all the above aims.
Find out more and join the Society