To help you navigate the rising cost of living, we have put together a list of links to some external information providers that may be helpful to you. Please note that these are provided for information, and as they're links to websites outside of the Students Association we cannot take responsibility for their content.


Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA)

Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) is support to cover the study-related costs you have because of a mental health problem, long term illness or any other disability.



The student discount and ID solution, powered by the National Union of Students (NUS).

For independent information and guidance on the UK's benefits system. Their stated mission is to 'help everyone to access the benefits they're entitled to.'

Offering a benefits calculator and a grants search. Turn2us state that 'Anyone can be a missed pay-cheque, illness or bereavement away from a real financial crisis, which is why we can help you find the support you need to get back on track.'


Citizens Advice

Information for all the nations of the UK, including information on energy bills and what to do if you're struggling to pay.


British Gas Energy Trust

Access to information and support, no matter who your energy supplier is.


Octopus Energy

If you're an Octopus Energy customer then this page outlines the assistance they can offer you if you struggle to pay your bills.


See also from the Students Association and Open University:

Fees & Funding advice

For the latest information on Open University Fees & Funding, including tuition fee support, funding, bursaries and scholarships.


Cost of living and your studies

For information and advice from the OU about the rising cost of living.


Support and Advice main page

For information on personal support, including links to Support Groups, Peer Support, TalkCampus and Shout 85258.