We are independent from the University and can provide individual representation to students who have an existing complaint. Sometimes going through the University's regulations and procedures can be tough on your own, so we are here to provide you with advice and support.


How can the Individual Representation Service help me?

We can provide direct case support to Open University students with an existing, current and open stage 2 complaint/appeals, stage 3 case reviews and central disciplinary cases. This advice would involve, but is not limited to:

  • Providing guidance and advice to you about your complaint

  • Providing support to you throughout your complaint

  • Providing advice and support on plagiarism cases

  • Assisting you with the preparation of the complaint and the collation of evidence

  • Accompanying you to any relevant meetings and hearings

For cases where we are not able to provide direct case support, we will happily direct you to relevant resources or refer you to someone who can help. 

Please see our service standards for further information on what the service offers. 

Want to get in touch?

For general queries please pop us an email.

Email us

If you’d like to request individual representation, please complete the query form below with details of your open and existing complaint. Once you’ve submitted your complaint, we’ll be in touch.

By submitting this form, you consent to contact from the Association regarding your query. For more information about how we collect, use and protect your data, please see our privacy policy