Would you like to join the OU Students Association team?
We have around 40 staff currently in the team, all based close to the OU Students Association office at the OU campus in Milton Keynes (we have a blended approach to home and office working). Our staff team works closely with our elected student representatives, and are responsible for delivering the wide range of services, activities and functions undertaken by the Association.
We currently have nine teams that cover a wide range of remits: EDI (Equality, Diversity, Inclusion) & Student Welfare, Student Community, Student Volunteering & Representation, Strategy and Insights, Policy & Public Affairs, Digital Communications, Operations, Finance & Resources and Executive Support & Staff Welfare.
Why work for us?
We are an organisation who value integrity, openness, equality and inclusivity, collaboration, kindness and compassion. Here are five of the MANY reasons to apply for one of our vacancies today!
- You'll be joining a supportive, welcoming team environment, with a focus on wellbeing. We are open and inclusive, fostering good working relationships with each other and our student volunteers.
- Autonomy. We don’t micro-manage – instead we support you to grow your confidence and skills. We love to hear new ideas, and will work with you to enact positive change.
- A fantastic holiday package of 30 days+ to ensure you can bring your best self to work, rested and motivated.
- Plenty of development opportunities through both regular training and cross-team project work. There is also the potential to gain OU qualifications whilst you are here!
- A flexible approach to working. We are set up to work from anywhere, so you can work from home, from the office, or in a café if it suits the work you are doing. We are currently trialling working one day in the office to allow opportunities for face-to-face collaboration.
Please send all completed application forms and any questions/queries to email@example.com
Projects Officer (Equality, Diversity & Inclusion)
Salary: £30,487 - £36,042 pa
Contract: Full time, 9 months fixed term with possible extension
Location: Hybrid working - remotely and at the OU Students Association Office, OU Walton Hall Campus, Milton Keynes
Closes: Monday 16 October, midday
Nature of the role: This is an unremunerated voluntary role but reasonable expenses incurred will be covered.
Closing date: 9am Thursday 26 October 2023
Informal Interviews: w/c 6 November 2023
We are seeking a Trustee with a background in HR, staffing matters and related expertise to join the Association's Board of Trustees, a team who have the ultimate responsibility for the Association’s affairs and exercises its powers subject to relevant legislation in addition to our Articles of Association and Bye-Laws.
Please see the External Trustee information pack for more information
Deadline and how to apply
Please submit a CV and a covering letter of no more than two sides to OUstudents-Jobs@open.ac.uk which sets out:
- How you meet the experience, knowledge and skills aspects of our person specification.
- Why you want to be a Trustee of the OU Students Association.
Notes for what to include in your cover letter are included in the information pack above.